Saturday 15 May 2021

More Acrocercops brongnaidella findings

Chepstow and Mathern

17th January- 5th February

Previously I had come across evidence of Acrocercops brongnaidella (Brown Oak Slender) on a Holm Oak tree in Chepstow town in 2020. Today 17th January nearly a year on, I went there again and found it once again. 



This got me thinking and prompted me to have a look at other trees in the town and surrounding area. I discovered it also at two other mini sites in the Chepstow area using Holm Oak, these were at 'The Dell' (17th January) and slightly further afield at Newhouse Industrial Estate (5th February).

During further investigations on the 17th January, other trees I knew were worth looking at proved quite 'fruitful'. At least two trees contained the characteristic blotch-like mines, with one Holm Oak tree being represented in good numbers. In total, I found operating in 5 new monad squares in the locality.


I'm yet to find it on deciduous Oak though.

 

  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.