Thursday 23 December 2021

Remote wood, surprise findings

 9 May 2021

Coed-y-Ffermau, Gaer-fawr

A bit of a remote little wood this one with little access at all, but one wood that I find an interesting exercise as to what could possibly lurk here. Tonight was no exception and although numbers are low in abundance species do turn up in here showing if foodplants are about moths are happy to seek them out and settle.



The three main surprises were Least Black Arches, Pale Pinion and Yellow-barred Brindle.


All of the above photographs were taken at night at the site because I felt removal may affect the low numbers.

Also what I found a little odd was a Streamer moth being what I felt was late. In reality they are very much around at this time, however I have tended to see them quite early around my home town which threw me somewhat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.