Monday 6 January 2020

Look Back at 2019.

22 June 2019

Cleddon Bog, Llandogo.


An ideal evening saw 48 species arrive at this location whilst I was there.
Some new and lesser seen macro moths were exciting discoveries for me at this locality although quite possibly some may have been already discovered here before.


Four-dotted Footman, Broom Moth, Spinach, Barred Red and Brown Rustic were amongst the good turnout which kept me on my toes today.
All were personally new macro moths to me in Vice County 35.


I had nearly forgotten that I had seen Four-dotted Footman once before some 7 years ago; whilst I was updating my files.
This time I had inadvertently discovered it during the daylight hours attached to grass stem whilst looking for butterflies in a grassy meadow area at Moseley Green, Parkend on 17th June 2012.
Although in Gloucestershire Vice County, it had made an impact on me then. It's been a long time between sightings but equally exciting, and worth the wait to see it again.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.