Saturday 22 June 2019

Daytime moths

Cold and/or very wet nights have limited my trapping, but I’m constantly alert for moths when out and about in Gwent... yesterday afternoon a Scarlet Tiger landed on my son Johnny in Waitrose Monmouth. Later in the afternoon I caught a Micro in flight here at Dingestow whilst out with Johnny on his bike, which turned out to be the Psychid Narycia monilifera new for the county. Finally, a bit of surreptitious sweeping of a roadside at Cleddon Shoots where we stopped for a family walk revealed the first county record of Phalonidia gilvicomana since 1985.

 


1 comment:

  1. Excellent work Sam on the micro's. I still have not figured out just how you manage to come up with these new, rarer or uncommon Vice county micro's- you certainly have an uncanny knack, well done.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.