Wednesday 20 June 2018

Ancylis obtusana (like london buses)

 
There were just 4 records of the Buckthorn-feeding Tortricid Ancylis obtusana from VC35 until this year: 1976 Hael Wood, 1982 Hendre Wood, 1986 Hael Wood and 2006 Llandogo.  I therefore got rather excited when Steve Nash emailed me a photo of one from his Mum's trap in Tintern.  I had still never seen my own individual of this species, so one that I netted during a quick stop at Dixton Embankment this morning was mighty nice.  Four other additions to that site's Micro list take it over the 100 mark, with mines and spinnings of Caloptilia semifascia on Field Maple being the most interesting of these extras.  It's another useful stop on my way back from school, so I'll be pausing there again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.