Saturday 11 June 2016

Dixton Embankment revisited

I last mothed at Dixton Embankment in the 1990s, when I saw some excellent Micros on Teasel, Ploughman's Spikenard etc.  A lunchtime visit on 6th June was therefore a bit of a disappointment, as the sedge-rich damp grassland produced very little and the steeper banks are rather overgrown (but clearly being managed to prevent additional loss).  I made 6 additions to the list of 84 Micros recorded previously on the site - Adela fibulella, Glyphipterix simpliciella, G. fuscoviridella, Crambus pascuella, Coleophora trochilella (first record for VC35 for 20+ years) and Pammene germana - and I also saw several Burnet Companions and lots of orange Lathronympha strigana.  It's definitely a site to return to, but perhaps not the treasure trove I had been hoping for.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.