Monday 29 July 2019

Two nights, two new

A Double Lobed to MV at Dingestow Court on 27th July was new for the area, and I thought this was going to be star moth of the weekend. However, a mega Pine Hawkmoth was waiting for me in the trap after the night of 28th July. There is only one previous (unverified) Welsh record according to NBN: from Fishguard in Pembrokeshire in June 1982. There was a SW airflow on the night of 28th July 2019 and I suspect my Pine Hawkmoth came from continental Europe rather than England, although it's impossible to be sure.

 


A rich supporting cast included Narrow-winged Pug (5th Dingestow record and my first since 2007), 3 Slender Pug, 1 Slender Brindle and a Dark Swordgrass on 27/7, and Mocha, Small Waved Umber and Satin Beauty on 28/7.

 

 
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.