Thursday 2 May 2019

18th April

Windy Wentwood


Fairly calm to start the evening here but winds did develop as the evening wore on.
The site I chose was quite protected by trees thankfully otherwise I might have had to pack up such was the winds strength over the hillside.
The night was productive however with potentially 53 moths of 24 species* (micro's tbc).
Six localised species and one Scarce B moth were included in the observations.
One of the best was this pristine Broom-tip (photo below), although I was surprised to encounter Scarce Prominent earlier in the year than my previous visit I made to this site in 2018. Numbers of Scarce Prominent were up to 5, two more than last year.

 Square Spot
 Scarce Prominent 
 Broom-tip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.