Saturday 4 August 2018

Jersey Tiger at Dingestow

 
I ran the MV at Dingestow Court on 3rd August, which produced a reasonable range of 65 late summer moth species including my first Olive here since 2007 (no Double Kidney since 1999) and first Wax Moth (also) since 2007, plus Slender Pug, White-spotted Pug, Figure-of-80, 2 Poplar Hawkmoth, Dark Sword-grass Caloptilia robustella and Dichrorampha petiverella
 
 
This was good, but things got much better when I noticed a black and white striped shape inside the greenhouse (the other side of the house from the MV, so nothing to do with my trapping) mid-morning.  I have been hoping for a Jersey Tiger at Dingestow since the species started appearing in south Wales, but I really wasn't expecting one so soon.  Just like the Hornet Clearwing that was my last new Macro for Dingestow, this was a life first as well as a home patch first!  The Dingestow list moves on to 397 Macro; 926 Moths.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.