Saturday 30 June 2018

Two top-notch Geometrids

The heatwave delivered Dingestow's first Blomer's Rivulet - which could be present in nearby woodland although I never caught one when I was trapping intensively in the local woods - and the site's second Cloaked Carpet.  My only previous Cloaked Carpet was in 1999, so I have waited a long time for another!  Mompha ochraceella was also new for Dingestow, taking the overall Dingestow moth total to 921 species.  Other highlights included Eana incanana (2nd Dingestow record), 2 Small Yellow Wave, 1 Blue-bordered Carpet, 3 Rosy Footman and a Leopard Moth. 



The Blomer's Rivulet was discovered on the grass 2 metres from the trap whilst I was clearing up: yet another example of the star moth of the night being easily missed if I had just looked into the trap (or hadn't come down at 4am to beat the birds to the trap).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.