Sunday 25 March 2018

6th March

Buckle Wood, Chapel Hill

Small Brindled Beauty- Part 1


A recent discovery last year in this wood of Small Brindled Beauty prompted me to mark on the calendar for 2018, a return visit to see if this nationally localised moth was a nearby wanderer or a resident here.
This evening I set out in hope I might see it again. I had to wait patiently for quite some time but true enough it came to light once again. It is pleasing to announce it is here in much greater numbers than the single discovered in 2017. A total of 6 were recorded that night which may be a record for an evening given the data compiled by Vice county recorder Martin Anthoney as of 2015 displaying its flight season on this Blog.

I also had 2 Satellite's and another Spring Usher here which I always enjoy seeing and decided to feature on this post. Dotted Border were most numerous this evening totalling 11.

3 of the 6 Small Brindled Beauty that turned up this evening
 
Spring Usher

 Satellite 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.