Monday 19 May 2014

18th May 
New Tredegar
Weather: Sunny with very few clouds to speak of, around 20c.

The King of the 'New Tredegar' mountain is out and about- if you can spot him!

The Wall Brown butterfly or 'Wall' as if is often called, enjoys basking upon bare surfaces and this one was found doing just that.
The butterfly is reportedly becoming more of a coastal species probably due to habitat loss, but can still be found in inland areas where suitable habitats contain exposed bare ground, rocky outcrops and even everyday worn footpaths.
This particular one became a little aggressive by flying up towards my face because I was basically on his patch. I sat down nearby on a warm rock 'lowering' my presence. It was only then he settled down and started accepting me being there.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.